Teddy Bear Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card Craft
Teddy Bear Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Supplies
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Valentine’s Day card:
- Card stock
- Construction paper
- Our free printable template
Teddy Bear Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Instructions
Step 1: Print out the teddy bear template, cut out the pieces, trace them onto colored card stock or construction paper, then cut out the shapes.
Step 2: Glue the teddy bear’s belly, ears, and snout to its body.
Step 3: Glue the teddy bear’s paws and legs to its body.
Step 4: Draw the teddy bear’s nose, eyes, mouth, and cheeks with markers.
Step 5: Glue the small red heart to the teddy bear’s belly.
Step 6: Cut out your card from card stock paper.
Step 7: Draw two vertical lines on the closed end of the card using the card template.
Step 8: Cut along the vertical lines and fold them horizontally according to the template.
Step 9: Press the folded area inside the card to create the pop socket.
Step 10: Open the card.
Step 11: Color the “Happy Valentine’s Day” image, cut it out, and glue it inside the card.
Step 12: Glue the teddy bear on the pop socket.
Step 13: Trace the gift box and heart template pieces onto colored card stock or construction paper, cut them out, and assemble them.
Step 14: Glue the gift boxes to the teddy bear.
Step 15: Glue the two hearts in the background.
Step 16: Cut out a cover for the card from colored construction paper or card stock. This cover should be slightly larger than the card.
Step 17: Glue the cover to the back of the card. The card is complete!
Teddy Bear Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Finished Card
Here’s a video of what the finished card will look like.
Teddy Bear Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Variations
If your child would like to make each card one of a kind, there are many variations they can do to the instructions above. They could:
- Use googly eyes on the bear.
- Use patterned scrapbook paper for some of the pieces.
- Add glitter to the card.
- Draw a picture on the front of the card.
- Decorate the card with stickers.
- The possibilities are endless!
- Free February Unit Studies and Lessons
- Dental Health Activities
- Learn About Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. With Videos
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham Free Book Study
- Groundhog Day Free Unit Study
- Free Valentine's Day Unit Study
- Valentine's Day Pop Up Card Craft
- Free Color Mixing Printables
- Free Planners and Calendars
- Free Virtual Field Trips