Free History Timelines
Why Use a History Timeline?
Whether you use traditional textbooks, living books, or online curriculum, a history timeline can significantly increase your children’s understanding of history. A history timeline will help your children see the chronological flow of history, make connections between events and people, observe patterns in history, and discover cause and effect relationships in historical events.
Adding historical figures and events to a history timeline, as your children study them, is also a fun way to keep a record of what they’ve learned over the years. The timeline can also help your children remember key events and people in history.
Fortunately, there are many free online resources you can use to create a history timeline. Below are some of my favorites.
This page contains affiliate links. See our complete disclosure here.
Free Printable History Timelines
Print one of these free timelines, hole punch, and place in a binder to create your own history timeline book.
- Guest Hollow History Timeline
- Research Parent History Timeline
- Simply Charlotte Mason Basic Book of Centuries
- Raising a Self-Reliant Child History Timeline
- Bible Story Printables Biblical History Timeline
Online History Timelines
These online history timelines can help your children learn more about historical events and find information to add to any of the above printable timelines.
- Soft Schools History and Biography Timelines
- TimeMaps Map-Based History Timelines
- Library of Congress History Timelines
- Digital History Interactive American History Timeline
- Fact Monster History Timeline
Additional Free History Resources
History and Social Studies Curriculum – Free curriculum for history, social studies, geography, and government.
History Unit Studies and Lesson Plans – Numerous sources of free history unit studies and lesson plans.
Homeschool History with YouTube – Learn about history with these YouTube channels.
History Websites for Homeschoolers – Explore history with these informative websites.